vrijdag 21 september 2012

Melmak – Cosmic Pain


Melmak – Cosmic Pain
Self released – 2012
Metal, Sludge, Doom, Death, Core
Rated: **

I dug Alf. There was nothing wrong with that silly little rascal. I can still hear the theme song in my head. So when the Spanish freaks that named their band after Alf’s home planet contacted me, my interested was peeked. Lo-Fi production gives Cosmic Pain as the record is called a grey and grimy feel. It turns it into something obscure, dangerous and otherworldly. The duo merges all the bleakness of death metal, hardcore, sludge and doom to an invocation of something evil. A massive universe of noise and pummeling explodes and haunting growls and screams make your bones ache and blood freeze. There’s definitely something wicked brooding on Melmak




1 opmerking:

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.