dinsdag 29 september 2015

Cavalli – Cavalli


Cavalli – Cavalli
Self released – 2015
Rock, Hard, Psych, Prog, Punk
Rated: ****

Holy prog-punk batman!! I've just discovered the Cavalli Ep by Cavalli! I must start by saying I've never heard these guys before, but wished I had sooner. This sounds to me (at least on record) to be a bands band. What's a bands band you may ask? It's a band who gives their all for the sake of the music and have a better than average playing ability. Cavalli sounds like such a band. I love the guitar craftsmanship on the record. It hits a sweet spot with some familiarity and then does a 180 into progressive Yes and Rush style playing. Same goes for the rest of the band. Drummer has a nice groove and seems more than capable of holding it down. The vocalist gives it his all and the bass playing is just as good. These guys throw an acoustic into the end of every song for good measure and to show you they mean business. I'm not saying these guys are the next Beethoven or are reinventing the wheel. But I am very impressed with these dudes from London. Cavalli by Cavalli is a well put together piece of music if I have ever heard one. I urge music fans and especially fellow musicians to give Cavalli a listen.

(Written by Charlie Tooth)



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.