vrijdag 4 september 2015

Fatmate – Fatmate


Fatmate – Fatmate
Self released – 2015
Rock, Stoner, Grunge (Groner?)
Rated: ****

The nineties are back and fighting mad!! Fatmate from Leicester, England is the second band I have heard in the period of about a week that have a serious grunge vibe intertwined with stoner. The difference with these guys is they have got a hell of a boogie woogie goin on. I found myself shaking my ass at the stove this morning while tending to my coffee fix. I'm not gonna take you through it track by track because they’re all pretty much on the same level. All good. Fatmate claim that the release is more of a demo than a polished record, but I have heard records that have similar production quality. In this day and age of polished fake pop puke music on the radio; recordings that have a less than perfect production are welcome in my world. Go back and listen to Zeppelin. There are cymbal hits from Bonham that don't exactly time up with Jones. It's called being human and feel. Fatmate have plenty of both. Great job guys. And keep that shit real…

(Written by Charlie Tooth)



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.