zaterdag 24 december 2016

Number 9


Number 9

We pass Geezer and Sinister Haze on Number 10 with five points to reach the band on Number 9. An album, I must confess, that only pulled me in after the new listening sessions started when I saw the votes come in. Man, how could this have passed me by when it was released back in July. Seventies inspired hard rock with heavy metal colors and stoner trucking. And yes, it surely reminds of The Company Band and even Clutch. But then we know why, don’t we? Just as it has some Fu Manchu takes here and there and faster paced Sabbath song rhythms. And there’s a simple reason for that as well. Yes. If ever there was a supergroup, it is this. I just can’t fathom why the album did not grab me right away back then. Cause it did now. But then again, this also happened with Graveyard’s Hisingen Blues back in 2011, which became my favorite album of the year very fast after that. And these cats are now doing the very same thing! It should have been higher on the list! Or did this happen to a lot of you freaks out there? It should have been higher! But that’s just my opinion… My late to the party opinion…



Dunsmuir – Dunsmuir




1 opmerking:

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.